Hardy herbaceous plants give years of colourful flowers and foliage from a single planting. Many of them die back in the winter, though some only flower in winter! Plan carefully and you can have interesting and ever-changing displays of beautiful perennial blooms throughout the whole year.
To learn more about choosing and growing perennials, check out some of our various articles in our advice section:
- Choosing and growing wildflowers in your garden
- Perennials for late-summer colour
- Growing primulas
- Choosing and growing hardy geraniums
- Perennials and grasses for early-autumn color
- Hellebores for the winter garden
Availability and planting | All year
There are perennials for every season, though the largest variety is usually available in spring and summer when they are coming into (and in) bloom! Check back throughout the year to see our ever-changing varieties.